The Advanced Test Manager course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB
), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB
) and co-author of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Advanced Syllabus, provides test managers with advanced skills in test estimation, test planning, test monitoring, and test control.
This hands-on course provides test managers with the ability to define the overall testing goals and strategy for the systems being tested and is ideal for test managers preparing for certification. The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for the testing organization
- Organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organizational policies and test strategies
- Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders
- Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team
- Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders
- Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives
Purchase of the course tuition includes:
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning course
- Instructor-led five-day course
- A set of approximately 500 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- Link to ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Test Manager
- Link to the latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Link to Standards for Software Testing
- Advanced Test Manager Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the Test Manager module of the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus
- Exercise solutions
- Advanced Test Manager Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Choice of ePub format or Amazon Kindle format versions of the supplemental textbook "Advanced Software Testing-Vol.2: Guide to the ISTQB Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Manager"
- The $200 certification exam fee. Exams are held on the afternoon of the final course day and are administered by a representative from the American Software Testing Qualifications Board. All attendees of the Advanced Level courses must have successfully completed Foundation Level training and sufficient practical experience. Proof of eligibility is available from the American Software Testing Qualifications Board and is required to take an Advanced exam.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Accredited by ASTQB December 2012. This course follows the ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Test Manager 2012
. Click below to download your preferred format of the syllabus: PDF format
, EPUB (Nook) format
or MOBI (Kindle) format
Blended e-learning, licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
There are no cancellations or registration transfers to another date within 30 dates prior to the start of the course. You will be held responsible for 100% of the tuition if you cancel your registration within that time period. If the course is canceled by RBCS you will received a 100% refund or, upon your request, your tuition can be moved to another course.
Earn 32.5 PDUs upon completion of this course